converting website visitors I'm looking for an old link - Kath? - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

I'm looking for an old link - Kath?

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for a link to the web article about treating splay legs etc, which has lots of other conditions and ingenious ideas on how to fix them in chicks.  I'm having trouble finding it but I think one of you put a link on here recently (Kath?).

Reason is I have a budgie nestling with a condition similar to wry neck, but the head is down, rather than up.  I'm toying with the idea of a tiny neck brace, but it would have to be just at night, due to the heat.  He's otherwise very well, being fed by mum and the oldest of a brood of 5, so least likely to have been squashed by siblings.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited July 2
    poor little thing
    heres the link -
    when my marilyn had wry neck i gave her vitamin e and sellenium
    keep us updated
     how are your chooks ? any newbies?
    x kath
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    That's the one Kath!  Couldn't think if the word orthopedics!

I don't think it's wry neck, as it's hanging under, rather than stargazing.  Do species other than poultry get it?

As it happens I've got 3 new exbats, on week 3.  Had a bit of a scare with one of them on day two; egg bound with a seriously tough shell, and a very small hen!
    :-O
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    yes other animals and birds get it
    its not always caused by a vitamin deficiency- sometimes its a bacterial infection , an ear infection or muscle damage.
    hope hes better soon
    well done on helping the newbie hen - she ended up in the right home with you to help her
     x kath