converting website visitors Please help :( My duck is not herself - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Please help :( My duck is not herself

My duck won't eat. Well, she will, but only because she has to. I gave her watermelon, crumble, lettuce, all of her favorites... but she didn't even eat it. She acted like she was going to eat it, she put her beak in it but didn't actually eat it. She also won't drink, she just sort of dips her beak in the water or takes a teeny tiny sip. A few days ago, she would walk around with lots of energy and would cry when I left the room. Now she does none of that. She doesn't move around much. She doesn't even blink when I leave the room. Right now, she's on my bed and completely ignoring me. Had it been 2 days ago, she would be all over me. She moves her mouth and licks her lips like she's thirsty, but still won't drink. Her poop is liquid. (Or somethings clear with poop specs in it. She's pooped like this before though.) I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    hi
    sorry to hear ypur duck is unwell
     ive no experience with ducks but can suggest a few things
     if they eat food with a high water content then it will make their poop more watery so cut down on the lettuce and melon for a while and her poop should return to normal
    try her on cooked egg and rice
    to settle her tummy you can also add apple cider vinegar to her water
    do you give her grit ? its needed for digestion
    if shes still poorly tomorrow then a visit to a vet would be advisable
    hope shes soon better
     x kath

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management