converting website visitors goodbye Betsy - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

goodbye Betsy

Little Betsy didnt make it - passed away a few hours ago peacefully in the hospital pen .
 she was a really pretty little thing and very sweet and im going to miss her
its something of a miracle that shes been alive these past 4 years as shes the one who gave herself a hysterectomy - she had a huge prolapse and it was really badly infected.
ive had her about 6 years and she was a full adult when i bought her so im guessing she was 8/9
 hope you and yours ane fine
 xx Kath

Comments

• sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Sorry to hear this, Kath.

In anyone else's hands she probably wouldn't have survived beyond the prolapse.

Sandie

• BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    Ah so sorry Kath.  What a lovely long life she had with you. 

I personally get a bit twitchy in April, especially for next week, as my records show we lost 4 girls during this week, albeit over separate years.  

xx
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Betsy had an amazing life, with a fantastic owner Kath. You gave her your all.

Bonnie - I know just what you mean; Spring time in general can be bad news, especially for ex commercial hens.  
  • sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Helen.....hope you and your flock are well. 

Spring...what Spring? It still feels like the depths of winter here....this seems to have been one of the coldest and most miserable that we have ever had to endure.

Let's hope that things look up for everybody.

Sandie