converting website visitors Merry Christmas - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Merry Christmas

just wanted to say merry Christmas to everyone thats reading
hope all your chooks are well
 kath xx

Comments

• sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Thanks, Kath. Seems like you and I are the only regulars now. How's the little BLACK ONE? 

Mine 6 hatchlings turned out to be 5 hens and 1 cockerel as predicted. The cockerel became aggressive....so he went...

Of the 4 my daughter hatched, they were all cockerels. 1 was taken by a buzzard, two started fighting each other (so we go rid of them) and the remaining one is a fine looking young man called Teddy.

Of the last two I hatched (the ones I tried to bake during a power cut, one of which I dropped and nail varnished the big crack), they are, indeed 2 cockerels. One is a pure bred Gold Brahma (wanted as I have three unrelated pullets) and the other is about 9/10ths Gold Partridge Brahma (James and Aggro). Currently they all get on well, so I'm sticking with the 5 very old birds (4 hens and Gordon), 5 new pullets  (3 Gold Partridge Brahma , 1 Naked Neck and one 'mongrel') , Teddy, James and Aggro.

Sandie
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    Yes its very quiet on here lately .
     the little black one aka mr kipling is very slowly getting integrated but i still dont trust him with sally sioux and buffy is very aggressive with him  so he still in a cage most of the day but in different places  and spends the night with Misty , a splash silkie hen
    nice to hear yours are doing so well .....sounds like youre planning mating the brahmas next year??????
    have a nice Christmas and a good new year
     xx kath
  • sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Yep, Kath.....I'll have a Brahma explosion next year, all being well.(Gold na Blue Partridge)...always been very fond of them. The pullets are 25 weeks old now and are showing no signs of coming into lay.....waiting for the spring, probably.

My old girls stopped producing their few eggs at the beginning of October, so it will be a real novelty to have our own again. I doubt that the old girls (aged 8 or so) will come back into lay. Gordon is a real old man now....he and the old girls go back into the coop for the night at about 2:30.

Well, here's hoping that the weather is kind,

Sandie

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management