We are a group of university students looking to develop an antibiotic-free supplement that will prevent diseases in chickens. We would greatly appreciate any insight or information industry experts could provide.
Please leave any comments you have to some or all of the questions below - anything is truly appreciated. It would also be great to know your profession. Thank you.
1) What diseases are of most concern to poultry farmers?
2) Do diseases of concern differ between broiler and egg-producing chickens? If so, what are the differences?
3) Do diseases differ between battery, free-range and organic chicken production?
4) Are there industry standard supplements used to prevent disease in chickens? If so, what are they?
5) How has a reduction in the use of antibiotics affected production and the industry?
6) What are the most important benefits that would make you consider buying a new chicken supplement?
Thank you so much for your time and responses in advance. This information will be incredibly useful in helping us design a product that meets the industry requirements.