converting website visitors Any ideas please - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Any ideas please

any ideas on how to stop a squirrel getting into the run and nicking corn from ther treadle feeder?
do you think if i caught him in a humane trap it would stop him coming back ...or am i being naive?
Kathxx

Comments

• sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    I'm having just the same problem with my (older) chicks....but we have a family of about 4 juveniles.....they have bitten through the plastic mesh over the top off the run .Also they've had ALL my strawberries....last year I had about 30lbs,and squirrels (different ones) in the shed have eaten a hole into my ewe feed and have stolen poultry corn. Meanwhile the crows pinch the eggs from the coop and feed them to their squawking offspring

If you catch your squirrel in a humane trap, you'll have to pack his bags and relocate him. Jared (my dog) regularly chases squirrels, but they just bolt up trees and come back down the moment his back is turned.They are not nervous animals.

If you come up with a solution, let me know.

Sandie
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    theyre messy things leaving their "deposits" all over the roof of the coop. they havent started on my fruit but eat next doors agapanthas and of course strip my nut tree every year
     ive had trouble with birds too- not crows but magpies that decided to nest in my hedge this year- they got at 2 eggs but i stopped them by hanging up a strip curtain over the doorway of the run - chickens walk under/ through it but wild birds wont fly through.
    hope you get more strawberries
     x kath

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management