converting website visitors Rescued, restored, Rehomed - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Rescued, restored, Rehomed

In November I posted that I'd saved ten miscellaneous young chickens and three ducks from ankle deep mud and neglect. I'm happy to say that the lovely Aylsbury ducks - including the disabled one were restored to health and are now living on a small holding. Unable to sell the gourgeous Cuckoo Marans I gave the 2 stunning cockerels and 2 hens to knowledgable lakeside home where they will have unlimited foraging. He also took The Asil type cockerel and a metallic Black hen to grace his extensive garden !  He has numerous other feathered  ladies so I am sure all will be fine.

I have 4 remaining hens who are providing two or three eggs a day too. Unfortunately they seem unwilling to integrate with old Ginger who still remains friendless, such a shame for her as she lives alone in a granny annexe but a good outcome for everyone else.

Comments

• solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Sounds like Ginger has a hen palace!  Funny how some hens just prefer to be alone!

Great news about all the rescues, and isn't it good when your hard efforts are rewarded by those lovely eggs!  Thanks for the update.
    ~:>
  • doormouse Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Lovely news...some hens just aren't chicken chickens...they're more 'people' chickens...one of my first, Kiev, was like that...hated other chickens!! Ginger sounds like a fab character...!  ~:>  M

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management