converting website visitors would anyone know what are these please ? - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

would anyone know what are these please ?

Comments

• Chicken AddictChicken Addict Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    Thees are three of ten birds I have rescued from neglect. There are coming along nicely. Id be keen to know what they are. The black ones have a stunning sheen ! The Cockerel isnt very large at all and the grey one is Laced - not too clear in the photo but is very dainty and rather timid. 
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited November 2015

The grey one looks like a Bluebell,

More expert opinions may be along soon...

• Thanks. I will take a look.
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member

Here's a link with some good breed information.  Hopefully one of our more experienced ID experts will take a look at your pics soon.  Hope they are settling in well anyway.

https://www.omlet.co.uk/breeds/chickens

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    hi
     i agree with helen on the bluebell
     i think the cockerel is an aseel- a game bird and the black hen is very much like an australorp
     lucky you  :)
    x kath
  • Littlechick Senior Member
    Think you have nailed it Kath
  • Thanks both, I had thought that about Him, epsecially when he is walking tall as he is still quite lean and has that look about him . Im guessing that they were fighting birds. - I shall have to look it up.  Id rather like to rehome him soon. Hes a kind chap and rather nice to look at.
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    yes they are connected to fighting
    they seem pretty popular at the moment for showing so you shouldnt have too much trouble selling him on
     xx kath
  • Littlechick Senior Member
    I love the look of game birds! Be careful though when you rehome... there are unpleasant people out there...