converting website visitors Biodegradable Egg Cartons - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Biodegradable Egg Cartons

Hi!

I'm a student working on a project for a class. What I need to know is, would you be interested in using completely biodegrable, 100% Earth-friendly egg cartons and why do you feel that way?

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Comments

• Littlechick Senior Member
    I think in the UK our egg cartons are already made from recycled cardboard and are biodegradeable (they can go into the compost bin). In the USA I think they still use some form of polystyrene/plastic box. Would not like to use plastic boxes.
  • sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Yes, most of ours are already fairly 'green'. The likes of us with hens re-use and re-use them, anyway. I seem to remember that the plastic ones split after one or two uses.

Most of us are firmly behind recycling and would encourage the practice wholeheartedly.

The earth does not have infinite resources.

Sandie
  • doormouse Senior Member
    Absolutely agree with the others...in addition, keeping chickens and giving excess eggs to neighbours tends to attract recycling of cardboard egg-boxes...we quite often in prolific laying times arrive home to find eggboxes left outside our front door...sometimes filled with chocolates!

Good luck with your project... ~:> M
  • Littlechick Senior Member
    Chocolates? Might have to leave a few hints for my neighbours then! Had big bags of egg boxes, but never chocolates. Perhaps you have a secret admirer Marie..

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management