New Coat

sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
edited November 2013 in Poultry Health and Welfare
Little Jordan now has little feathers and is coping outside again.

Anybody else got 'real baldies' right now?

Sandie

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    wow sandie that was quick - proof positive that porridge oats put hairs on your chest :D
    the chuckle sisters are looking "moth eaten" but not much bare skin
    so pleased jordan made a swift recovery
    #xkath
  • Littlechick Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Don't they look great when they look like that? Looks like she's been to visit a crazy acupuncturist!
  • sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Aaaaargh,.........rumbled.....throwing darts at my chooks in my spare time.

And,yes, Kath.....the medicinal properties of porridge.....but none of your water and salt stuff.....milk,cream,raisins,even mealworms and they shovel it down.

I'm afraid Jordan will always have a bare chest,though, just as her genetics demand.....no 'goose flesh' there either.

The floor of the pen I kept them in is covered with the 'dandruff' picked off their pen feathers. At least they are warmer,though.

Sandie
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Surely this is the lesser-known species chickupine?:D :eek: :D
  • sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Or a Spiny Porridge Shoveller?
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    :D Whoever said chickens shouldn't be given dairy products? Never done mine any harm either:D One of my batties who had an egg mass kept going for ages on milky porridge;)

Glad to say I have no baldies, in fact all of mine moulted really early this year. Now last year was another matter:eek:
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Our Molly has a really bare bum :D Looks really cute when she bends over to eat :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • doormouse Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Aaawwgghhhh - I so want to give Jordan a hug but I'm afraid even a virtual one might hurt!:eek: My Satchmo it seems is always to have a bare neck patch even after 18 months rescue....does that make her posher than a batt??!:D M