We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Learning, Rooster or Not?

BonesyBonesy Junior Member
edited October 2012 in Pure Breeds and Enthusiasts
I think I might have done it again. Earlier this year I bought two pullets, one was a hen and the other turned out to be a cock. So back he went for a swap. Long story short two of my original three rescue hens passed of old age and I got offered some more. I picked two out of a pen of "hens", supposedly from an auction.

It was late at night when I got them home so I penned them in the bathtub for the evening and let them out in the morning after their anti-mite medicine had kicked in.

Stood there looking and i'm ascertained that the brahama looking one is a cock, with those colours and hackles. Drat, methinks, done it again.

063newchook.jpg

I go in and check on a pic I posted and someone tells me they think the other could be a cock too. Oh god.. as if twice wasn't enough... thrice! :rolleyes:

Whats the verdict ya reckon..? Cock?

014newchook.jpg
011newchookohhai.jpg
058blackside.jpg
20121018142748newchook.jpg

Many thanks in advance..!
Soph.