converting website visitors Egg recipes! - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Egg recipes!

sophie smith Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Poultry Health and Welfare
Dear all, following a discussion about what we do with a surpless of eggs other than sell or gift them to friends and family, here is a list of recipes taken from 'Hens in the garden, eggs in the kitchen' by Charlotte Popescu. The recipes are short and sweet, so just post a reply stating which recipe you would like typed out, it is no bother at all. I really recommend the book too by the way, a lovely assortment of recipes that should appeal to the UK and USA users of this forum.

Off to bed now so will reply tomorrow evening.

Goodnight all

x Sophie

SAVOURY
Egg and lemon soup
Egg and anchovy mousse
Egg and salmon mousse
Flamenco Eggs
Spanish tortilla
Omlette Arnold Bennett
Scrambled eggs with oinion and bacon
Baked eggs with smoked salmon
Piperade
Eggs Benedict
Florentine eggs
ratatouille with tuna and eggs
spinach egg and ham pie
spinach roulade
egg pate
tuna stuffed eggs
scotch eggs
creamy egg curry
cheesy egg bacon and rice dish
salade nicoise
kedgeree
potato and egg salad
quiche Lorraine
three cheese and chive tart
smoked salmon tart
spaghetti ala carbonara
tuna gougere
egg and prawn fried eggs
pancake mixture
cheese souffl

Comments

• MEGAN Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    looks like a good book for using up my eggs. Been out this morning and Bumble has now started laying again so I guess I will soon be sinking in eggs.
    Will have to look into buying the book myself. The creamy egg curry looks interesting and the spinach roulade. Might go in to waterstones today and see if I can get that book or one like it.
  • toulacross Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    thanks sophie just brought it off play.com for under £4 inc postage, just got to wait for the eggs.

Yep i like the sound of a creamy egg curry too megan x
  • sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited January 2012
    If your hair is in really bad condition a beaten raw egg used after shampooing and left on for about 10 minutes really is good stuff......BUT it looks revolting. Mix with beer if you like....but I always drink the beer.

AND NO I AM NOT JOKING

Sandie
  • Littlechick Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Surely you wash the egg yolk out after ten minutes though Sandie? lol :D
  • Littlechick Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Sophie, I will save you the trouble and order it off play like Toula - thanks for the hint Toula.
  • ChickSez Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    This is a family favourite I found, Lemon Curdy Pudding, a real good one for spring deserts! Its quick and easy to make and pretty much hasel free. After this i found I should be cooking more now I have the hens and got these such a beautiful gift from this website from my husband, I kept saying I wnated to learn how to more, like really get into it. This cookery school if anyones into it is highly recommended Ballymaloe Cook School, set in idealic surroundings in the Irish countryside. It has taught me so much about cooking and it was a great place to meet people too.
    I feel now I can really get experimental with using eggs and come up this receipes I never knew about!

I will post a few receipes up soon! Keep you all posted

:) :) :)
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Littlechick said:
    Surely you wash the egg yolk out after ten minutes though Sandie? lol :D

Water not too hot I hope:eek:
  • Can’t go wrong here with this lightly pan-fried fish sandwich. Walleye and tilapia are great choices, and buying it as fresh as possible will make it even better. A simple egg wash helps the flour stick nicely to the fish and will give it the right amount of crispiness while keeping it out of greasy territory. You’ll know it’s done when it turns golden on the outside, and white and flaky on the inside. Serve in a hoagie bun with Tangy Tartar Sauce. It's easy to make and oh so good!

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management<<<<<<< .merge_file_V391Zq=======>>>>>>> .merge_file_B36pBT