converting website visitors what chicken breed do you have? - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

what chicken breed do you have?

marion Member
edited December 2014 in Pure Breeds and Enthusiasts
i was curious what type of chickens do you have?
:confused:
we have:
Houdan http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-AP7MHXMH.jpg
French Faverolles http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-TDY7JFEZ.jpg
and some bantam polish chick for the fun and for company
x Marion

Comments

• Littlechick Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Bunch of (gorgeous) old batts and a bantam :D
    Oops, forgot the RIR/Black Rhock crosses
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    exbats (battery hens), black rocks, barnevelder, hamburgh bantam, cream legbar (and a partridge in a pear tree....):p
  • Emma Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    ex batts, ex barn, pekins, sussex, bovans nera, speckledy hybrid (maran), columbian blacktail
  • marion Member
    edited March 2011
    Emma said:
    ex batts, ex barn, pekins, sussex, bovans nera, speckledy hybrid, columbian blacktail
    what are Bovans nera?
    ohw i googled them they look a bit like a Marans chicken, don't they?
  • Emma Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    a little. they are black with a blue-green sheen and a gold flecked chest. I have put some pics on before and she is in one of them
  • Lambrettali Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    We have 3 ixworth hens and looking for a cock a pair of taiwan 2 brown Sussex bantams a black Sussex hen bought at a sale for a pound lol 2 farm yard hens came from the same sale a pair of lavender modern game a pure White modern game stag 6 ko shamo chicks 11 ko eggs in the incubator so with luck a few more ko's in 2 1/2 weeks time plus 5 ducks so a garden full lol
  • lovelychooks Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I have ex batts, exchequer leghorns,speckledys, araucana, millefleur pekin, silkies, anconas, buff and silver sussex, white star! I hope to stop soon lol:D
  • battwoman Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    i also have ex batts and serama, wellsummer and cochin bantams.
    fi x
  • MEGAN Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    2 ex batts, 2 silver grey dorkings, 1 welsummers, eight pekins and two goldtops
  • nikki Member
    edited March 2011
    hi ive got, 4 buff orpingtons, 2 cuckoo marans, 1 silver dorking, 3 RIR, 1 khaki campell duck, 3 aylesbury ducks. 10 chicks & 10 ducklind due in 9 days time!!
  • Avoca Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    We have 4 Isla browns, and 3 marrans. We are just about to incubate 12 light sussex eggs so hopefully most will hatch. All are good layers and happy birds, very funny to watch and very friendly!
  • mollydolly Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I have some lovely ex batts, a speckldy, a lavender araucana, a mutt hen, a- mutt hen crossed with a cream legbar cockerel- chick and a cream legbar cockerel obviously.

But most e(gg)xciting I have some lemon pyle and blue brahma eggs on their way as well as some chocolate orpington eggs.......all for my broody mutt hen patiently sitting on her nest :o)
  • sockpuppet Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    i have mainly pekins (black mottled frizzle ,2blue mottled,wheaton,buff/lemon, silver partridge , running with my silver birchen X gold birchen pekin cockerel)

also have 1 araucana bantam 1 new hampshire red bantam and my best girl is the ex batt hen and in the brooder i have 4 pekin chicks (milli,cuckoo,and 2 black looking ones ) and in my friends incubator i have 6 naked neck bantams :D
  • scooby Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi,

I breed blue, black and white rare breed Croad Langshan bantams along with a mixed flock of pure breed bantams made up of light sussex, barred wyandotte and buff plymouth rock.

Great looking birds with a lovely gentle nature

Scooby
  • Sportscar Member
    edited May 2011
    Yokohamas including Pheonix
    Gold Dutch bantams and Malaysian seramas.;-)
  • louisem1989 Member
    edited May 2011
    i have 2 warrens, 1 cuckoo maran and a blue bell.
    thats not including 6 norfolk grey hatching eggs and 6 gold laced wyndotte hatching eggs that hatch in a couple of days.
  • Hannahsmummy Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    one black sussex (Ruby), one wyanadote bantum (winnie), two pekins (Spot and Pickle), and hopefully, fingers crossed, another 3 or 4 pekins when the eggs hatch in a couple of weeks! \until last week we also had a beautiful Pekin Cock called Arnie, but sadly killed by a hawl whilst protecting his girls!
  • ltripley1983 Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    Nice and simply. 3 lemon peking bantams.
  • min Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    one breeding pair of araucanas,(hen broody on one little blue egg)
    11 sex unknown as yet araucana chicks currantly 9 half wks old,
    five bluebells,
    seven rhode island reds(I think,look like ex batts when purchased)
    one silver spangled appenzella hen
    one golden appenzella hen
    one lemon pekin (currantly broody,on two rir x araucana)
    onesilky(currantly broody on one lrg rir x araucana),
    cant cope with any more,was meant to be just 3 happy hens in the garden!,now loads of happy hens all over the place! :D
  • inno2011 Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    I have a 3 pairs of lovely kittens
  • savory100 Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    4 Pekin Bantams:
    Black (Iggy)
    White (Peaches)
    Lavender (Lavender)
    Partridge (Misty)
    and for interest that's the pecking order too ;)
  • mychook96 Member
    edited July 2011
    Nothing fancy - 2 ISA browns (i think they're similar to what you call warrens).
  • showoff Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    I have black Australorps.:D
  • zac's_livestock Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    well...Light sussex, silkie, polish, black rock, isa brown, pekin, various colours of orpington, ancona, white leghorn, silkie cross, many cross breeds, probably tons i cant remember and i won't get started on ducks!
  • dikki Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    i have:

Miniature Silkies (Black, White, Blue, Gold and Cuckoo)
    Pekins (Various colours)
    Dutch (Gold and Silver)
    Porcelein Barbu D'uccles
    Lemon Millefleur Sablepoots
    Vorwerk
    Hamburgs
    Silkie cross wyandottes
    wyandotte x hamburgs
    Japanese bantams

and i think thats it :)
  • tillymint123 Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    i have,
    4 faverolles (hodge, podge, jelly and cleo)
    1 black laced pekin bantam (boo) who is currently sitting on half a dozen eggs
    2 mottled pekin bantam cockerels (smudge and pickles) who i'm currently trying to rehome as i live in a built up area!
  • bennieb31 Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    i have a few breeds i have bearded d'uccle mille fleurs bantams, hope to get a pair of d'uccle porcelians bantams sometime. i also have silver sebrights bantams, im, not shore of the other pairs if they are polish or houdan or what they maybe someone knows i have two pics attached. some white japanese bantams. i think nankin hens and a few old english game birds as well. plus a few rhode island reds, delawares, and some ameraucanas. so we have many.
  • bouncer Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    hi all i have all types of breeds ranging from ex bats, le bresse, wellsumer, black rock, green leg partridge fowl, l/sussex, pekin, and quail
  • john 64 Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    i keep isa browns.welsummers.isa brown cross welsummer.light sussex bantam silkies and a couple of cross bred bantam.
  • Sproutgrower Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    1 Bluebell (Edna)
    1 Light Sussex (Noodle)
    1 Speckaldy (Fatty)
    5 Barnvelders (Elsie, Mabel, Beryl, Dandelion & Burdock)
    1 Sussex reverse (Black with white neck fathers - Dora)
    1 Cream Legbar Cock (Trotsky) that trys and fails to keep them all in order !

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management