converting website visitors How long do chucks stop laying for when they take a break - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

How long do chucks stop laying for when they take a break

cerises Junior Member
edited September 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi
One of my chucks has decided that she needs a rest from laying right now. She seems healthy enough, and is eating and drinking and looking fine, so I am pressuming this is just here first break....I have had her since she was 18 weeks old, and that was the beginning of April. Do I have to give her anything special while she isn't laying? Thanks.

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    hi
    it depends on her breed how long this break will be
    some breeds have a short break to moult( some birds dont even stop then properly) others only lay spring /summer, others tend to have long breaks throughout the year.then theres the awkward ones who prefer to be broody
    poultry spice is a good tonic to add to their feed to help with the moult and to perk them up if theyve come to the end of their season.
    as long as shes fit and healthy then shell be back laying when the time is right for her.
    kath