converting website visitors General Manager - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

General Manager

Charles Fenton-Smitt Junior Member
edited January 2010 in Employment/Jobs
The Post Of General Manager has now been filled.

Thank you to everybody who replied.

No further correspondance will be entered into regarding this position.

Comments

• drvkmishra Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    RESUME

Dr.V.K.Mishra

Current Designation : Asst.General Manager Operation
    Total Experience : 11 yrs.
    Relevant Experience : 11 yrs.
    Current Salary : 7.28 lacs
    Expected Salary : Negotiable
    Joining Period : ASAP
    Current Location : West Bengal

SERVICE PROFILE:

PRESENT JOB DETAILS:

Asst.General Manager – Alchemist Ltd, Table Egg Unit Durgapur. (From July 2005 onwards)
    - Responsible for entire poultry operations (Farming of 1.0 lacks broiler breeder in open houses, 6.5 lac broiler in EC sheds , 2.0 lacks Layer birds in EC sheds ,Feed Mill fully automatic, 11 lacks monthly chicks from Hatchery , etc,).
    - Supervision of Hatchery Manager, Breeder Manager, Broiler Manager, Veterinarian Manager, Layer Production Manager, & 285 workers.
    - Handled routine Breeder/ Broiler/ Layer flock health maintenance program & established guidelines for “Good Health Management” encompassing vaccination, medication, Disinfection & Bio-security program, Supervising and following up on different types of vaccines methods like: vaccinating with spraying, drinking water, subcutaneous & intramuscular injection & its laboratory tests like ELISA, AGPT & HA/HI etc,
    - Maintained a high standard of poultry husbandry like Chick/Egg management, Growth Management, Ventilation, pre-processing management, nutrition, hygiene & health, housing & environment ensuring company guidelines & production standards pertaining to “Production” are followed,
    - Sanitation & disinfection of hatchery, broiler houses, layer & breeding farm,
    - Pest control & bio security program for hatchery, broilers premises, layer & processing plant,
    Analysis & review of Hatchability%, Fertility %, DIS & unhatched eggs in hatchery / FCR, mortality & average body weights in broiler / HH, HW, HD production, mortality, feed.
    - quality, shell quality, specific gravity in Layer / A/ B grade whole chicken, cut-ups, value added products, condemnation %, NGP%, rejection% in processing plant/ raw material, feed testing in feed mill,
    - Ensure standard ventilation guidelines for environmental closed houses in extreme summer & winter,
    - Nutritional standards & consultancy on formulation of different feed types & Lab. Testing.

Accounts: - Supervision of the Accountants for day to day accounting works and periodical MIS, authentication of all receipts and payments, analysis of various cost elements of production and marketing.

Finance: - Monthly budgeting for the Unit, weekly funds planning, Debtors and Creditors Control.

Marketing: - Development of Dealer Network as well as retail chain for selling eggs, and monitoring day-to-day sales etc.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:

1. Chief Veterinary Officer – (Operations) – Power Agro Farms Private Limited, Orrisa, India. (August 2000 to July 2002)
     - Heading the entire Production and Marketing divisions - Breeder, Hatchery, Feed mill, Commercial operation, , Marketing etc,
     Complete Poultry Production & Management: This included farm inspection, disinfection of hatcheries, broiler farms, breeder farms & layer farms, processing plant & feed mill and Follow up program for ‘Health Check’, a vaccination program based on broiler & breeder age & its location,dieases diagnosis, prevention & control,
     Design Vaccination program for broiler, breeders, hatchery & layers, Medication, Biosecurity program follow up, pest control & prevention,
     Study laboratory analysis of infected birds and declared the presence of disease, its nature, severity, transmissibility, and the source of infection for planning and implementing correctional measures.
     Sensitivity test to detect the drug of choice also prepare the antibiotic discs using in this test to compare among antibiotics from different origins and sources.

2. Technical Manager – Bangalore, Lotus Farms Pvt. Ltd., ( 22 August 2000 – August 2002)

• Managing Breeder parent stock (1, 00,000 capacity) – Cobb 100.
    3. Technical Executive – Hyderabad Singh Poultry Pvt Ltd. (08 August 1998 -
    20 August 2000)

EDUCATIONAL PROFILE:
    • B.V.Sc (Bachelor of Veterinary Science) – Gobindballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology - I Class (72.5 %) – Aug 1998.

• D.C.A. (Diploma in Computer Applications) - A + Grade – July 2006.

• M.B.A. - Operation, doing in UPRTOU (IGNOU), Allahabad, India – August 2009 Batch.

PERSONAL PROFILE:

Date of Birth & Age : 02.05.1976, 33 years
    Sex : Male
    Marital Statu : Married
    Language Known : English, Hindi Telagu, Punjabi, Kannada&Bengali.

References : 1. Mr. Prasad Kummaya – 09789052755
    2. Mr.Kapil Manawal - 09412059478
    3. Dr.Sekher Bhasak - 09871203111
    4. Dr.Mangesh Patil - 09434716002
  • vinayakpoultry Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Charles Fenton-Smitt said:
    My client, a European/Nigerian partnership is seeking an experienced and seasoned General Manager for a Poultry Enterprise in Southern Nigeria.
    The successful applicant will currently hold a senior position within the poultry sector and will be, or have previously, worked in Africa or the Middle East. The applicant will be capable of demonstrating a sound and progressive career with skills in administration, budgeting controls and large scale poultry production. A university degree or equivalent will be advantageous.
    The position will not be suited to an academic.
    The successful applicant is unlikely to be less than 50 years of age.
    My client is offering an exciting tax free off shore salary and an ample local allowance. Generous leave with up to 5 return business class flights to country of residence per year awaits the successful applicant. In addition excellent accommodation, including domestic staff , will be provided together with a fully expensed company vehicle (4x4), and driver. The position will also attract medical insurance and life cover.
    Suitably qualified applicants are invited to send a full resume for consideration to
    [email]charles.fentonsmitt@ymail.com[/email]
    The closing date for applications: 30 September 2009 with short list drawn by 15 October 2009.
    DR.VINAYAK RAJARAM LONIKAR

A-2/55, Kailas co.op.Hsg.Society
    Shastrinagar,Kothrud
    Pune – 411029
    Maharashtra State (India)
    Ph - + 91 - 9881028410

OBJECTIVE
    To face a challenge with Responsibility in an organisation which will offer me an opportunity to realize my potential

KEY STRENGHTS
    • Very good team worker and able to do work under pressure.
    • Confident and dynamic communicators with good inter personal skill.
    • Well versed with complete Farm and Hatchery operations.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

VENKYS (India) Ltd

Working as General Manager (Technical services and marketing)
    For East, West and North Africa from March 2009.

Venkateshwara Hatcheries is known for its total support to poultry
    Industry. I am responsible for technical services for entire Africa
    And being in Africa from last 9 yrs.very well known about African
    Poultry industry.

Premium Farms Nig.Ltd, Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Worked as Asst.General Manager since June 2008 to March 2009
    Reporting to Managing Director
    Work include 200000 Commercial broiler farm, Broiler breeder with Hatchery, Feed mill having capacity of 100 mt.per day, Chicken processing plant having capacity of 4000 birds per day, 100000 comm. Layer farm.

GLOBUS RESOURCES LIMITED, LAGOS, Federal Republic of Nigeria (Sister Concern of Sea Food Products Limited, Lagos)

Reporting to – M.D and Director

Worked as a Project head for Poultry division from July 2005 to April 2008
    Job includes planning of poultry project, Management of Production as well as sales division. Project includes commercial broiler of 200,000 capacity per cycle, Parent breeder, Hatchery, Feed factory, Processing plant, Sales of day old chicks and frozen chicken.

AL-ZAWAYA FOR FOOD PROCESSING, KHARTOUM, Republic of Sudan (Sister Concern of Alzawaya group)

Reporting to – G.M. and M.D.

Worked as a Production manager from Jan 04. To Jan 2005.
    Job includes Management of commercial broiler of 170,000 capacities in EC houses, Processing plant, Parent breeder, Hatchery and feed factory.

DANTATA GROUP OF COMPANIES, KANO, Federal Republic of Nigeria

Reporting to – C.E.O

Worked as Production Manager from Dec.02 to Dec.2003
    Job includes Management of commercial broiler of 400,000 capacity,
    Processing plant, Parent breeder, Hatchery and feed factory.

V.H.GROUP (VENKATESHWARA HATCHERIES) OF COMPANIES, PUNE, INDIA

Worked as Research Associate, Farm Manager, Hatchery Manager in Pure line and G.P.Farms and Hatchery from 1993 to 2002.

A well known organisation in Asian countries for it’s total support to Poultry industry. Ten years I worked in this organisation and gained vast experience in various activities Of Poultry breeding operations and managemental practices.
    Following are some of the areas of my specialization and expertise.

• Genetic Research:
    Worked as a “Research Associate” in Venco Research and Breeding Farm Ltd. handled many Research operations of Broiler pure line, Grand parents including the following:
    a) Physical selection of pure line and Grand parent Birds for mating on the Basis of FCR.
    b) Genetic Ranking of Sire / Dam for breeding purpose
    c) Placement of G.P.Flocks to obtain maximum no of good parent chicks with excellent fertility and Hatchability.
    d) Selection of good quality of day old Grand parent and parent chicks to Minimize mortality at brooding level.

• Hatchery Management:
    I worked in Grand parent and parent Hatchery as a Manager having capacity of fifty thousand chicks per hatch. I am involved in this operations right from Selection of hatching eggs to their cleaning, disinfection, setting, hatching and vaccination before their dispatch. In addition to this, I am trained in Repair and maintenance of incubators for their smooth operations.

• Brooding and Growing of Grand parent and parent Flocks:
    Along with the Hatchery Management, I was handling broiler chicks brooding management which includes preparation of house before Arrival of chicks, temperature, feeding, watering arrangements, Debeaking and dubbing operations etc.i am well acquainted with all Management and vaccination programmes recommended for Broiler Breeders.

• Broiler Layer Management:
    Well acquainted with Layer female / male management, particularly Requirement of feed as per the production standards .Parent placed in Cages requires artificial insemination to get maximum fertility. This Skilled job can be handled by me without any problem.

• Health Monitoring:
    I am well experienced in disease diagnosis & treatment required for Control of this with the help of local diagnostic Laboratory. Monitoring Of flocks for various poultry diseases can be handled by me.

• Record Keeping:
    I am well experienced in record keeping with help of computer. All the Data received from farm and Hatchery can be analyzed to study the flock Performance.

• Other Experience:
    a) Before joining V.H.Group, I was working as a Manager in Co- operative Poultry farm for period of two years.
    b) Worked as Veterinary service Representative for veterinary products division of pharmaceuticals companies for three years thus I am also having sufficient experience of marketing of products also.

PERSONAL DATA

Date of Birth – 18.09.1967
    Nationality – Indian
    Sex – Male
    Martial status – Married
    Religion – Hindu
    Languages known – Marathi, Hindi, English
    Hobbies – Reading, Swimming, Cricket
    Education – B.V.Sc & A.H. degree in 1989
    Current CTC – INR 1200000
    Passport No – H1795753
    Date of issue – 03.12.2008
    Date of expiry – 02.12.2018
    Place of issue – Pune (INDIA)
    Email – [email]vinayaklonikar@gmail.com[/email]
    [email]Vinayak_lonikar@yahoo.com[/email]
    [email]v.lonikar@rediffmail.com[/email]
  • vinayakpoultry Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    DR.VINAYAK RAJARAM LONIKAR
    A-2/55, Kailas co.op.Hsg.Society
    Shastrinagar,Kothrud
    Pune – 411029
    Maharashtra State (India)
    Ph - + 91 - 9881028410

OBJECTIVE
    To face a challenge with Responsibility in an organisation which will offer me an opportunity to realize my potential

KEY STRENGHTS
    • Very good team worker and able to do work under pressure.
    • Confident and dynamic communicators with good inter personal skill.
    • Well versed with complete Farm and Hatchery operations.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

VENKYS (India) Ltd

Working as General Manager (Technical services and marketing)
    For East, West and North Africa from March 2009.

Venkateshwara Hatcheries is known for its total support to poultry
    Industry. I am responsible for technical services for entire Africa
    And being in Africa from last 9 yrs.very well known about African
    Poultry industry.

Premium Farms Nig.Ltd, Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Worked as Asst.General Manager since June 2008 to March 2009
    Reporting to Managing Director
    Work include 200000 Commercial broiler farm, Broiler breeder with Hatchery, Feed mill having capacity of 100 mt.per day, Chicken processing plant having capacity of 4000 birds per day, 100000 comm. Layer farm.

GLOBUS RESOURCES LIMITED, LAGOS, Federal Republic of Nigeria (Sister Concern of Sea Food Products Limited, Lagos)

Reporting to – M.D and Director

Worked as a Project head for Poultry division from July 2005 to April 2008
    Job includes planning of poultry project, Management of Production as well as sales division. Project includes commercial broiler of 200,000 capacity per cycle, Parent breeder, Hatchery, Feed factory, Processing plant, Sales of day old chicks and frozen chicken.

AL-ZAWAYA FOR FOOD PROCESSING, KHARTOUM, Republic of Sudan (Sister Concern of Alzawaya group)

Worked as a Production manager from Jan 04. To Jan 2005.
    Job includes Management of commercial broiler of 170,000 capacities in EC houses, Processing plant, Parent breeder, Hatchery and feed factory.

DANTATA GROUP OF COMPANIES, KANO, Federal Republic of Nigeria

Reporting to – C.E.O

Worked as Production Manager from Dec.02 to Dec.2003
    Job includes Management of commercial broiler of 400,000 capacity,
    Processing plant, Parent breeder, Hatchery and feed factory.

V.H.GROUP (VENKATESHWARA HATCHERIES) OF COMPANIES, PUNE, INDIA

Worked as Research Associate, Farm Manager, Hatchery Manager in Pure line and G.P.Farms and Hatchery from 1993 to 2002.

A well known organisation in Asian countries for it’s total support to Poultry industry. Ten years I worked in this organisation and gained vast experience in various activities Of Poultry breeding operations and managemental practices.
    Following are some of the areas of my specialization and expertise.

• Genetic Research:
    Worked as a “Research Associate” in Venco Research and Breeding Farm Ltd. handled many Research operations of Broiler pure line, Grand parents including the following:
    a) Physical selection of pure line and Grand parent Birds for mating on the Basis of FCR.
    b) Genetic Ranking of Sire / Dam for breeding purpose
    c) Placement of G.P.Flocks to obtain maximum no of good parent chicks with excellent fertility and Hatchability.
    d) Selection of good quality of day old Grand parent and parent chicks to Minimize mortality at brooding level.

• Hatchery Management:
    I worked in Grand parent and parent Hatchery as a Manager having capacity of fifty thousand chicks per hatch. I am involved in this operations right from Selection of hatching eggs to their cleaning, disinfection, setting, hatching and vaccination before their dispatch. In addition to this, I am trained in Repair and maintenance of incubators for their smooth operations.

• Brooding and Growing of Grand parent and parent Flocks:
    Along with the Hatchery Management, I was handling broiler chicks brooding management which includes preparation of house before Arrival of chicks, temperature, feeding, watering arrangements, Debeaking and dubbing operations etc.i am well acquainted with all Management and vaccination programmes recommended for Broiler Breeders.

• Broiler Layer Management:
    Well acquainted with Layer female / male management, particularly Requirement of feed as per the production standards .Parent placed in Cages requires artificial insemination to get maximum fertility. This Skilled job can be handled by me without any problem.

• Health Monitoring:
    I am well experienced in disease diagnosis & treatment required for Control of this with the help of local diagnostic Laboratory. Monitoring Of flocks for various poultry diseases can be handled by me.

• Record Keeping:
    I am well experienced in record keeping with help of computer. All the Data received from farm and Hatchery can be analyzed to study the flock Performance.

• Other Experience:
    a) Before joining V.H.Group, I was working as a Manager in Co- operative Poultry farm for period of two years.
    b) Worked as Veterinary service Representative for veterinary products division of pharmaceuticals companies for three years thus I am also having sufficient experience of marketing of products also.

PERSONAL DATA

Date of Birth – 18.09.1967
    Nationality – Indian
    Sex – Male
    Martial status – Married
    Religion – Hindu
    Languages known – Marathi, Hindi, English
    Hobbies – Reading, Swimming, Cricket
    Education – B.V.Sc & A.H. degree in 1989
    Current CTC – INR 1200000
    Passport No – H1795753
    Date of issue – 03.12.2008
    Date of expiry – 02.12.2018
    Place of issue – Pune (INDIA)
    Email – [email]vinayaklonikar@gmail.com[/email]
    [email]Vinayak_lonikar@yahoo.com[/email]
    [email]v.lonikar@rediffmail.com[/email]
  • ashok sharma Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Dear Sir,
    In response to The PoultrySite Discussion regarding General Manager position in your organization. Please consider this letter as my formal application presenting my background, education and experience.
    I have over 13years experience (10 year in poultry industry) in sales & marketing (D.O.C.and Poultry FEED) as well as production of broiler feed and Broiler production; and I am well versed in the areas of poultry in conjunction with India.
    I have considerable experience in dealing with sales and production; and a thorough knowledge of the process and procedures of the corporate environment. I work well with people and enjoy getting the work at hand completed.

I am looking for an interview at a mutually convenient time.
    Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Ashok Sharma
  • marmstrong Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Dear Mr. Charles Fenton-Smitt,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Michael Armstrong (Mike). I am 52 years of age and a U.S. citizen. I have thirty (30) years of experience in every aspect of fully integrated to further processing in the poultry industry.

From 1979 until 1998 I was the sole proprietor of a debone and marination plant in Tennessee, with 80 employees. There we portion controlled and sold to restaurants and grocery retail accounts.

In 1999 I joined with some partners and purchased a poultry plant in Boaz, Alabama. We purchased this plant from Tyson Foods. The company was named Pro Foods, LLC. I was named the managing partner to oversee every aspect of the operation. May, 2001, we sold out to one of the partners. We had 800 employees and 65 million a year in sales. The partner that bought us out wanted the plant to do contract work for Tyson Foods.

In December of 2001, another group and I opened Pro Foods International. I was once again managing partner. This plant was a 120,000 square foot facility that did debone, portion control, IQF, marination and breaded par fry lines. Our customers included KFC, Chili’s and T.G.I. Friday’s, just to name a few. We also did a full retail line of whole birds, 8 piece and further process poultry items. There were a total of 950 employees, which includes in-house maintenance staff and QA laboratory.

As managing partner, my responsibilities started at the egg placement hatchery then the kill plant to further processing. I performed cost analysis control of feed conversion grow-out on breed variations and kill plant yields. By this point, if the cost projections are correct per pound and tight controls on cost of packaging, labor and further processing overhead, profit projections can be met and monitored on a weekly basis. Taking our volume, we could project monthly and yearly profit numbers. I found tight budget controls in each department and a sound marketing plan that projected cash flow and profits are much easier to achieve.

As part of our marketing plan we sold to national chains with franchises in the Middle East, such as Chili’s and Kentucky Fried Chicken. Our retails sales were all domestic but I was in control of all exports to the Middle East. In October 2006, we sold the company and I spent the next few months living with family in Sardinia, Italy.

Then in April 2007, I traveled to the Middle East with a group of export brokers from the U.S. to investigate operating in that market. We worked with U.S. based chains, such as Chili’s, and hotels and resorts in the region. I was very much intrigued by how the market worked in that area. One thing that stood out was how the poultry products from Brazil had a much greater price advantage over the U.S. produced products. I also learned how production was labeled and the distributed for retail and restaurant use. September of that year I learned my mother was terminally sick and returned to the U.S.

I am now currently looking for a challenge in the overseas market in poultry processing to put my years of experience to work making a profitable poultry operation. From reading what your client is looking for, I think my experience would be a perfect fit for both parties. I believe the three (3) keys to success are hard work, tight financial controls and a sound marketing plan.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to an opportunity to speak with you further. If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Michael Armstrong
  • Ahmed AbdElkhalek Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    I AM INTEREST ON YOUR OFFER .THIS IS MY C V . WAITING YOUR RESPOND.THANKS WITH BEST REGARDS.
    c.v.
    NAME AHMED ABD ELKHALEK -
    -NATIONALITY EGYPTIAN
    -AGE 39 YEARS
    -EDUCATION AGRICULTURE BUCKLER ON POULTRY PRODUCTION 199 MASTER DEGREE OF SCIENCE ON FACTORS AFFECTING PRODUCTION EFICIANCY ON POUTRY 1999
    -EXPERIENCE TOTAL EXPERIENCE 19 YEARS ON POULTRY FARMS
    13YEARS ON EGYPT ON PARENT STOCK FARMS (REARING AND LAYING AND 6 YEARS ON SAUDI ARABIA ASS A MANGER FOR PARENT STOCK FARMS ON BIG POULTRY COMPANY. WORK ON OPENE AND CLOSE HOUSES .HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE ON FEED FACTORY AND FORMIULES .ALSOE ON BROILER FARMS.
    -PRODUCTION PERFORMANC WAS EXCELLENT ON FARMS REACHED 140 CHECKS/hen housed 0N 60 WEEKS.
    HAVE TRAINING ON I.S.O.+HACCP+TIME MANAGEMENT +PLANING+ESTRATEGIC MANAGEMENT +LEADERSHIP+QUALIFIED FOR PH. DEGREE FROM CAIRO UNIVERISTY. .+ I VISITED ROSS BREEDER COMPANY ON UNITED KINGDOM 2000 .
    -CURRENT WORK MANAGER OF PARENT STOCK FARMS ON A LARG POULTRY COMPANY ON K.S.A.
    MOBILE NO 00966509233898 EMAIL [email]adolefy@yahoo.com[/email]
  • bobydavid71 Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi

I found that a Jenny asked same question in this forum 1 month ago.

Please use search box at the top of site to find this question.

Rgs