We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Recycling

chickensalchickensal Junior Member
edited August 2009 in "Off Your Chest"
My son Matthew is eight yrs old & owns some chickens & 2 bantams. For his bantams he made a water container out of a plastic 3 litre bottle. Cut a section out of the side so you still have plenty of height when you lay it down & a good width each end. Fill it up with water & place it resting a little way into the ground so it does not roll over. You could probably use them for chickens as well. Please let me know how you get on if you have a go.

Comments

• flintstoneflintstone Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    chickensal wrote:
    My son Matthew is eight yrs old & owns some chickens & 2 bantams. For his bantams he made a water container out of a plastic 3 litre bottle. Cut a section out of the side so you still have plenty of height when you lay it down & a good width each end. Fill it up with water & place it resting a little way into the ground so it does not roll over. You could probably use them for chickens as well. Please let me know how you get on if you have a go.
    You could also turn the bottle upside down put the lid on and put a small hole in the neck of the bottle fill with water and stand in a shallow trough. Let the water bubble out slowly as the chicken drinks it. similar to a fountain.